Hey Cortana! How do I add additional speeches during OSD so you work?
For Cortana to work with your language you need to install the appropriate speech pack however if you are connected to an enterprise WSUS you won't be able to see additional downloads for your language.
To work around this you can get the language cab files from the 'Windows 10 Features on Demand' iso available via volume license and MSDN downloads, then use dism commands to apply the desired language packages. Currently the available ones are
- German - Germany (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-de-de-Package.cab)
- English - Australia (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-en-au-Package.cab)
- English - Canada (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-en-ca-Package.cab)
- English - United Kigndom (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-en-gb-Package.cab)
- English - India (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-en-in-Package.cab)
- English - United States (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-en-us-Package.cab)
- Spanish - Spain (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-es-es-Package.cab)
- French - France (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-fr-fr-Package.cab)
- Italian - Italy (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-it-it-Package.cab)
- Japanese - Japan (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-ja-jp-Package.cab)
- Chinese - China (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-zh-cn-Package.cab)
- Chinese - Hong Kong (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-zh-hk-Package.cab)
- Chinese - Taiwan (Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-zh-tw-Package.cab)
Note: Cortana is currently only available in United States, Japan, Australia, and Canada and India (in English) however having the speech packs installed will help your deployment if other markets open up.
You can also install the Text to speech pack along side. For example
Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-TextToSpeech-en-au-Package.cab adds Aussie Catherine and British James however Cortana doesn't use them.
To deploy during OSD create a package with the desired speech packs and an Install.bat file. The following example of install.bat sets up English-Australia and also adds text to speech voices, you can add additional packages by changing the PackagePath:
DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-TextToSpeech-en-au-Package.cab
DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-en-au-Package.cab
And then create a Run Command Line step in the task sequence referencing the package with Disable 64-bit file system redirection
To set the default Speech Language you need to modify the default user reg. This can be achieved in 3 commands during the task sequence
Load Default User Registry
reg load HKU\DefaultTemp "C:\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT"
Set Default SpeechRecognizer
reg add "HKU\DefaultTemp\Software\Microsoft\Speech_OneCore\Settings\SpeechRecognizer" /v RecognizedLanguage /t REG_SZ /d en-AU /F
Unload Default User Registry
reg unload HKU\DefaultTemp
There are no comments yet, add one below.